Thursday, March 24, 2016

source pic : youtube


Some of you may have known what this post will be going about. Yep, you got it right from the picture: I will talk about my favorite songs lately!

Honestly, I am that type of person who is so so lazy to make a playlist depends on mood. A sweet melody playlist, jpop playlist, indie playlist, and whatsoever. I don't have any time for that. And I am a tedious person, my grade-3-on-middle-school-songs undeniably still stay safely on the tracklist.

So what is the point of making this post? 

Don't get me wrong. Lately, I've discovered a bunch of great and lovely songs. And somehow the genres are out of the songs I've heard all this time. I'm feeling like I'm in the mood for hazy, calm songs. Most of these songs are categorized as indie pop, electro pop, and synth. I think indie is the best when it comes to hazy mood.

Without further ado, let's get on the list:

1. Blue Neighbourhood by Troye Sivan


Oh, how come I don't fall for this cool Aussie boy. He's a vlogger at youtube but don't dare to look down on his voice. He released his first full album called "Blue Neighbourhood" last December (FYI, now he's busy with the tours). And I'm loving all of the songs on the album! My favorites are Wild, Fools, Youth, Ease, .for him, and Lost Boy.

2. All My Demons Greeting Me as a Friend by Aurora Aksnes


Another young singer I discovered after Troye. One of her songs suddenly popped out on my recommendation tabs, and I don't regret my decision for watching it. Aurora recently released her debut album this March (yes, the album is fresh from the oven!). I loved how the songs are not always upbeat, lovey-dovey theme, instead they are somehow random but catchy and there is some mysterious aura--which is weirdly soothing.

My favorites are Runaway, Warrior, Conqueror, Half the World Away, and Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)

3. Beautiful Lies by Birdy


A combination of wild, brave and beauty, Birdy. It's not her real name. It's just a nickname her parents gave her actually. Some people make fun of her name, but not to her voice. Her voice is soothing and ah, makes me goosebump every time I listen to them.

The good news is, her third studio album Beautiful Lies, will be released tomorrow. March 25th. Really, really can't wait for it.

I listen to her songs mostly on youtube (the released ones), my favorites are Keeping Your Head Up and Wild Horses.

4.  Oh Wonder
This indie duo comes from London, and they had released their debut album last September. The idea they took--write one song each month in a year beginning in September 2014, I found it is very interesting and unique. The girl from this duo somehow reminds me of Allison Raskin from Buzzfeed.

My favorites from their debut album are Without You, Lose It, and Technicolour Beat.

5. Portrait by Cardiknox


Last but not, at least, Cardiknox. Another fresh from the oven, their latest album Portrait has released this March. Discovered this group today and I wonder, why this group isn't so popular. Like, their songs are hella catchy and upbeat.

I haven't listened to all of the songs repeatedly, my current favorite is On My Way (this song is so good!).

Another song that is my current favorites, out from the album range are,
-Colors by Halsey
-Kero Kero Bonito by Flamingo
-Black Magic by Little Mix
-Secret Love Song pt. II by Little Mix

That's all the songs that stuck in my head for this past days. Maybe some of these can be your new treasure to listen.

No comments :

Post a Comment