Monday, June 6, 2016

When You Feel That You’re Not Any of Those Types

I always interested in human personality. How every each of us is so different in behavior and actions every day. It is hard indeed to find a person whose personality is like yours. Or you think that your personality is different than anyone so you don’t bother to think about another person.

Now you can see a lot of people, putting up their MBTI personalities on every bio on social medias. Introvert. Extrovert. Choleric. Melancholic. Yeah, you named it. And I think, this really helps a stranger like me to know their personality better based on their MBTI result.

I was curious about this thing called MBTI. 1 or 2 years ago I took the test and I got ENFJ. I didn’t really surprise by the result since I thought I was ‘sociable’. Time went by and I’m start thinking that I am not who I think I am.

Several months ago, I took the test again simply because I didn’t believe I am an extrovert. At that time, I hoped I am an introvert but turned out I was not. The result was ENFP. So funny, my judging sides changed into perception. But still, the result didn’t satisfy me enough.

So today, I took the test again for fun. You know what the result? INFJ. 54% introverted side. I laughed so hard, really. It is so ridiculous that my ‘personality’ always change even though it’s still only 1-2 years!

That’s why I don’t define myself with these personality results since I have doubts. Because it doesn’t make sense that I have more than one preference. I’d love to call myself as an ambivert when people ask me what type I am. The thought of me is an ambivert became clear when I notice my behavior in the past couple months.

I got ENFJ and ENFP because yes I always feel energized after meeting a lot of people, especially the one who left me warm feeling. I love to meet or just chit-chat with a stranger.
The thing is, mostly when I’m in the middle of the people, I become an observer (or wallflower you’d assume). I tend to observe everything people around me doing or talking before I jump into the conversation. While most introverts find that being around people is tiring, I don’t think so. Sometimes, it feels good to have your own judgment and perception dancing in your head and nobody knows it.

Introvert's things also happen to me. When I just went home after meeting friends or anyone, I would sometimes feel so tired and need to recharge myself by being alone. Sometimes, I regret my decisions to go out with them and why I’m not spending my time at home just chilling or reading books.

Like a chameleon, I choose to show my personality depends on the person I’m talking with. Most of my classmates will say that I’m not a quiet type, instead a ball of weirdness covered by extra random things. But, I once heard my friend’s friend said that I’m a serious, quiet person. See? It’s only a vague perception they have about me because they don’t know me well or because I show my different side to them.

Maybe why I see myself as an ambivert is because I often see some things in this world has to be balanced. So does with the personality. For me, it’s important for you to place yourself in an occasion. You have to know when you have to be loud and when you have to be quiet.


Well, an ask.fm darling once said this, ‘The younger you are, the more likely you feel different than others.’ That’s true. I’m feeling like I don’t fit any of those personality types because I haven’t met someone who is more different than me. I will figure out that later in the next five years, probably.

No comments :

Post a Comment